Traditional family recipes tell us a great deal about the women in our family histories: how they nourished their families, stretched scarce resources, grew and gathered natural foods, and celebrated the cultural traditions of their time and place.
We want to honor these women and their legacies to us. All MHGS members are invited to participate.
- We plan to publish a Heritage Cookbook, each page featuring one of our ancestors or another honored elder. A short history of their life, a photograph (if available), and one of their recipes will be included.
- Between now and March 15th, members are invited to contribute memories and recipes from their family history. Recipes may be submitted online, or on a paper form available at the MHGS library.
- The book will be available in two editions: a Kitchen Edition (spiral soft-cover) and a Heirloom Edition (bound hard-cover). At the time you submit a memorial, you will be asked to pre-order at least one book (either edition).
- Pre-ordered books will be published and available by Mother's Day, May 2013.
Members, please login if you want to:
- Place or update an order (-May 1)
- Submit memories and recipes online (Nov 1-Mar 15)
- Review your recipe submissions
Your "User Name" is either your MHGS member id or e-mail address.